Shimla is a beautiful destination where you can plan a trip with your family and friends. There are many top places in Shimla that can be visited by your family in two days. Here is the complete detail of two day that can be planned with your family.
DAY 1: SHIMLA LOCAL TOUR
- Jakhu Temple / Jakhu Hill- Located at a distance of 7 km from nearest Shimla Railway Station and Shimla Old Bus Stand, it is an ancient temple of Hindu deity Hanuman. It is located on Jakhu Hill and one of the best places to visit. It is located at an altitude of 2455m where you can enjoy whole view of Shimla with Gondola
- Himachal State Museum- Shimla State Museum is located at top of Mount Pleasant. It is a colonial building that was constructed with the purpose of preserving state’s rich cultural and archaeological artefacts. It provides an in depth view of the glorious past of the city.
- The Ridge- It is a large open space that is located in the heart of Shimla. The Ridge is built along the Mall Road that is the shopping centre of Shimla. Many places such as Lakkar Bazaar, Jakhu Hill, Mall and Scandal Point are linked through the Ridge. The tourists from all over India visit this awesome place. The ridge is also famous for age old Christ Church that was built in the Neo-Gothic style of architecture.
- Christ Church- It is the second oldest church in North India. The majestic appearance and stunning location makes it one of the top destinations in Shimla.
- Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex- It is a heritage building and a centre of the theatrical, literary and cultural events of the British. It is a Government building and renovated recently to conserve the building.
- The Mall- Located at the heart of Shimla, the Mall Road is the busiest commercial areas. Shopping in Mall Road is the top things to do. It was built by the British during the colonial rule in India. Mall Road was built keeping in mind the traffic and the entry of vehicles was banned. It has all key hotels, restaurants and recreation centres.
DAY 2: DORJE DRAK – KUFRI – TARADEVI TEMPLE
- Kufri Ski Resort- Kufri is famous for the ski resort, best places for skiing and the top adventure site. It is the best places to experience Tourism in Himachal Pradesh. It is popular among trekkers and famous for adventure sports.
- Dorje Drak Monastery- It is a famous tourist destination and is a beautiful Buddhist monastery that depicts the prevalence of Tibetan culture. You can see monks meditating in the monastery. The calm ambience is a delight for people seeking moments of repose.
- Vice Regal Lodge- It is situated on the Observatory Hills of Shimla. The lodge is the best place to visit. It was formerly known as the residence of the British Viceroy, Lord Dufferin. The construction started in 1880 and got completed in 1888. The local woods such as pine and cedar were used for construction.
- Kali Bari Temple- It is the popular pilgrim center and a famous tourist place. Kali Bari was constructed in 1845 by a Bengali Brahmin on Jakhu Hill. This is the oldest temple in Shimla. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali.
Hence, you can plan two day trip with your family to Shimla. I hope that you will enjoy this trip with your family and friends.