The best way to relax and take time off from the exhaustive daily life is to enjoy a trip. With summers knocking on the door, what better than plan a small weekend trip to the best hill stations in north India? We bring you a list of 5 hill stations that you can choose from to plan an amazing summer holiday.
- Srinagar- The beautiful summer capital of J&K is a paradise in every sense! The lush valleys, shining lakes, high-loft mountains, and a picturesque view make Srinagar, a perfect summer destination. Looking for places to visit? Check out Dal Lake, Mughal Gardens, Shankaracharya Temple, Nagin Lake, Wular Lake, Hazratbal Mosque, Nishat Bagh, and Dachigam wildlife sanctuary. The best way is to plan a guided tour once you reach Srinagar. This amazing place gifts you the experience of living in boathouses and enjoying nature’s calm with a breath-taking scenic beauty all around.
- Leh / Ladakh-Every Indian has heard the name of Leh/Ladakh at least once in their lifetime. So why not visit this summer and give your adrenaline rush an upper hand! The romantic snow-kissed lush green valleys are a treat for the nature lovers, adventure junkies, and photography enthusiasts. Nubra valley and Shanti Stupa are some of the main attractions of this place. One can also visit the highest saltwater lake Pangong Tso, and spend a night camping.
- Mussoorie- Another favorite summer destination for the tourists is Mussoorie, also known as the queen of lakes’.It is also regarded as the most romantic honeymoon destination in India. Mussoorie houses the famous kempty falls, cable car ride, company garden, and the mall road, as some of the tourist attractions. To enjoy the Himalayan foothills with snow-white mountains, and the blossoms of flowery bed, Mussoorie is a must-visit hill station for your summer holiday.
- Shimla-If Mussoorie is the ‘queen of lakes’, Shimla is the ‘queen of hills’. With snow-capped green mountains and peaceful temples, Shimla is one of the most sought tourist destinations in India. The most popular tourist attractions of Shimla are the mall road, the ridge, Jhaku temple, Lakkar bazaar, and Christ Church. By the way, if you are looking forward to visiting Shimla, you are in for a surprise. Shimla has its own Jakhu Ropeway now to visit the Jhaku temple, and it can be easily booked online through www.jakhuropewayshimla.com.
- Manali-Among the popular hill stations in north India, Manali has its own special place with its infamous apple orchards and pretty pine trees on hilltops. Manali is rich in handicrafts, silver, and wooden traditional antiques, and other embroidered or hand-weaved clothes. Deeply enclosed with Tibetan monasteries and the Maha Devi temple, Manali is a lovely place for spiritual tourists.
If you are planning to enjoy and have a relaxing time away from the buzz of the daily routine, you can decide on these beautiful hill stations from our list and plan your summer holidays with a broad smile on your lips!